We are full - thank you!
Sewing Sales Associate - Full
We are seeking a team member who is a qualified and experienced Sales Consultant.
The Sales Consultants responsible for successfully creating and closing high end sewing machine sales at a high rate as well as providing excellent customer service. The ability to learn quickly and remain extremely knowledgeable in an ever-growing industry is essential.
- Exemplary sales skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to work well as part of a small team
- Ability to work well with a POS system
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
- 5 years minimum previous sales experience
- Highly organized and the ability to multi-task in a busy environment.
Who we need:
- Someone who has previous High End/High Dollar sales experience
- Someone who is a hard worker and a fast learner
- Someone who is motivated to meet goals and earn more money
- Someone who can be available to cover other team members sick days/vacation days and work events on days they are not regularly scheduled- Be a team player.
This is a FULL-Time position
Schedule: Five days a week to start - Tuesday - Saturday
Compensation: base + Commissions and bonuses. Great potential for $30,000+
Sales Associate Description
Our Floor Staff are the front-line connection to our customers. You are responsible for ensuring a pleasant experience both in our store and over the phone. You provide service and support in selecting and cutting of fabrics, notions, tools and all other sewing-related items. You will assist our customers in finding the right sewing or embroidery machine that suits their needs. You will be responsible for any trouble shooting of their machine and if it is something simple we can fix in store we will, otherwise we will coordinate service for there.
If you are a friendly and creative person with great people skills, who enjoys helping others with their creative endeavours, then please apply today! Training on all of our procedures will be provided.
IN DEPTH DESCRIPTION of what we want in a Sales Associate >> Click HERE
- Ability to interact with customers in person and on the phone
- Comfortable working with cash register and or computers
- Knowledge of sewing machines in general, their use and features
- Familiar with quilting and sewing terminology
- Positive, cheerful attitude
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Assisting customers with selection and purchases of fabric, notions, patterns, tools and other items
- Assisting customers with the selection and purchase of sewing and or embroidery machines
- Using cash register and debit terminal to sell to customers, maintain customer information, (training will be provided)
- Arranging the inventory in pleasing displays
- Receiving machines for repairs and servicing
- Maintaining the store and all other areas
- Assisting in the daily cash counts
- Other duties as required
- Must be willing to work weekends and evenings
- At least one of the shifts will be a weekend day shift
Job Benefits & Compensation:
- Flexible hours
- Extended Health Benefits
- Casual office dress
- Competitive salary
- Store discount as per Employee Manual
- Advancement opportunities
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person
LONG ARM QUILTING SPECIALIST - FULL
Cottage Quilting Company Ltd. has an immediate opening for a Longarm Quilter. Experience is an asset, but not a requirement. Training will be provided for the successful candidate.
- Are energetic, outgoing, and love to be a part of a dynamic team
- Have a love of fabrics, design, colour and completing quilts
- Must be interested in working in an environment where customers come first; we provide exceptional customer service and the best products in our industry
- Are detail oriented and take pride in doing a superior job with every task you undertake
- Are self-directed and able to prioritize tasks to meet evolving deadlines
- Like to learn new skills and enjoy sharing those skills with others
- Are proficient using computers and basic software
- Are a small and rapidly growing retail, longarm quilting, and sewing store
- Work with quilters and sewers of all skill levels, providing exceptional customer service and training
- Require flexibility working retail hours, while respecting work life balance
- Have a close team of positive-minded individuals who thrive on sharing and implementing new ideas to exceed the customer experience
- Are focused on completing tasks. Regardless of job title, we all chip in and do what needs to be done in all areas of the business
Position: Longarm Quilter
Location: Kelowna BC
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparing quilt tops for quilting service
- Operating Computerized Longarm Quilting Machine (training will be provided)
- Operating domestic sewing machine
- Discussing quilting options with customers, in person and over the phone, to help fulfil their vision of the completed project
- Responsible for exceeding expectations by listening to customers’ needs and finding solutions to those needs
- Advising customers about colour and design choices for quilting projects
- Able to work with minimal supervision
Key Competencies Needed:
- You have a can-do attitude, self-discipline and tons of motivation
- You are flexible and love learning new things
- You love taking responsibility for tasks and completing them while exceeding expectations
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, reach, push and pull while operating a longarm quilting machine, and possess the stamina to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Good math and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You love talking to people on the phone and face-to-face
- Above average computer skills are a must
- Sewing or quilting experience is preferred, however not a requirement.
This is a long-term role with our growing company. Our hours of work can range from 9 am until 7 pm, Monday through Saturday. Please do not apply if you are looking for a short-term position or are not able to work the full range of hours required.
This position will begin with part-time and grow to full time as the company expands. Hours will vary depending on company growth. (Starting hours will be between 15 - 25 hours a week and be adjusted depending on business needs.) During high-volume times, extended work hours, including evenings and Sundays, may be required.
To apply for this job, please submit your application in-person at our store in Kelowna or email email@example.com. Please bring or email a printed copy of your resume and cover letter with you, explaining why you would be a good fit for our awesome team!
Cottage Quilting Ltd. is located at 110, 2000 Spall Road Kelowna BC V1Y 9P6. We can be reached by phone at 250-860-1120.
Part-time hours: 15 - 25 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From minimum wage+ per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Service Technician - REQUIRED