Free shipping within Canada on orders over $200 is for FABRIC purchases. There may be some restrictions on the Free Freight in Canada - please read on.
All other orders that are for product that is not fabric, may be subject to freight charges and may be billed prior to shipping. If a product is excluded, such as:
- extension tables
- tote bags
- batting rolls
- long arms
- some Accuquilt dies
- MAINLY OVERSIZED products are subject to Freight Intensive charges
we will send you an invoice for additional freight charges) etc for example, it will be noted on the product description with a note to see shipping policy.
There are many items that may not qualify for free freight, we try our best to indicate ahead of time what is covered and what is not covered but reserve the right to charge freight when required. Some items require oversized shipping boxes/bags and they will not qualify for free shipping. We will update all items the best we can.
Machine purchases (most domestic machines qualify for free freight within Canada.
Multi needle, industrial, and larger machines shipped inside Canada do NOT qualify for free freight, all machines shipped internationally are subject to freight charges), long arms etc do not qualify for free freight and will be billed after the purchase of your machine when your machine is ready for shipping, a payment request will be sent for freight before the machine is released.
Please consider statutory holidays in your shipping times as these are considered non-shipping days by the postal service. Your order will be shipped as quickly as possible.
At Cottage Quilting our goal is to offer you the best shipping options, no matter where you live. Every day, we deliver to hundreds of customers across the world, ensuring that we provide the very highest levels of responsiveness to you at all times.
The time frame for order delivery is divided into two parts:
- Processing time: Order verification, tailoring, quality check and packaging. All orders are sent to the shipping department for dispatch within 24 hours after the order is placed. The shipping department process the orders, which could take an additional 2–4 days.
- Not all items may be present in brick and mortar: While we try our best to hold as much inventory as we can, some items may not be present and in store for immediate shipping. However all items are available for us to bring in from our suppliers/warehouse etc and are available for purchase. If there is an issue with your order and we cannot supply your item, we will notify you. If this is the case, this does not qualify you for a refund as we order daily from the warehouses, Please note that there are many supply issues, and delayed orders do not qualify for refunds.
- Shipping time: This refers to the time it takes for items to be shipped from our warehouse to the destination. After processing and leaving the warehouse, items usually take between 2 and 14 days to arrive at their destination but can take longer from time to time. International delivery usually takes about 5–30 business days. You will be provided with a tracking number so you may follow your package.
- Delayed shipments: As most businesses, we are some times experiencing longer than normal shipping times from our suppliers, or delayed shipments. We try our best to keep an open line of communication with all purchasers about any delays. Delayed shipments do not constitute for canceled orders, we will fill orders as quickly as possible and trust us when we say we are on our suppliers all the time for better shipment times.
Online we are able to accept, Shopify Pay, Visa, Mastercard, Paypal.
Our products may be returned for a store credit within 30 days of original purchase, provided the product is unopened and in "like-new" condition. Any shipping on returns will be paid by the buyer unless a mistake by Cottage Quilting has occurred (we shipped the wrong product, we shipped you too many or not enough etc.), then Cottage Quilting will pay the freight. The returned goods must include a copy of the original receipt, your email address, shipping address, and phone number.
Items that are not eligible for return are:
- Cut fabric
- Sewing Machine Feet
- Embroidery Hoops
- Custom designed kits (colors other than what we have selected)
- Sewing Machines, Cutting Machines
- Other restrictions may apply, and may be subject to a restocking fee
- Pre-Order: All pre-order items are shipped complete. If you have an order with in-stock items, they will ship together with your pre-order items in one shipment, when the last remaining pre-orders arrive. If you wish to have your in-stock items shipped separately, you will be invoiced for your shipping of said items. We really encourage you to place separate orders to ensure nothing is missed by mistake.
We carry a large variety of product and do our best to ensure your inventory is up to date and accurate. We do offer a selection of items that are not in stock at our store and may be required to order from our suppliers. Only items that are available for purchase from our suppliers are available. If you happen to choose a product that is not present in our building, we will correct this immediately and order it the same day to ensure there is not a lengthy delivery time. This can create a delay of 2-3 weeks.
Rates are based on the customer’s address, the weight and dimensions of your order. Please remember to be kind, we do not control the shipping rates. We are always sourcing the best rate we can from shipping companies. We do not over charge the freight, what we pay is what you pay. When shipping to the USA or Internationally, additional freight charges may occur as the system may not always calculate the correct amount. The consumer is responsible for any broker and or duty charges.