Welcome to Rope Bowl (3 Hours) April 1st
These lovely and useful rope baskets will warm up any home. They make great quick and easy gifts great for the holidays or housewarming. We will use basic rope and if time, we will discuss/show how to Wrap the rope with beautiful fabrics to match any décor. You will learn several different options for finishing and baskets may be made larger or smaller once the techniques are learned.. - ALL LEVELS
Supplies for the rope bowls:
- Sewing Machine
- Thread to coordinate
- Scissors, Pins, Seam Ripper (basic supplies)
- Zig Zag Foot & Stitch Plate
- Multiple wound bobbins
- Size 16+ needles Denim or Microtex
- Fabric to cover rope, minimum 1/2m, cut into 1" strips, (on the bias), do not join together
- Suggest to have circles cut for bases, 6-8" depending on bowl size, scrappy is fine, if you prefer to just bring some scraps at least 8" square you can cut when you are ready to complete.
- Rope/Cord, 50 Feet (16m) for a small bowl, or 100-150 feet (30-45m) for the larger bowl as per the image. Your teacher will have extra rope available for purchase if required during class, suggested to bring cash if you are a fast sewer and run out of rope.