How to Die Cut 4-Color Chinese Lanterns Block:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut two complete 4-color 8" finished blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut four 5 3/8" Place right side up over shapes A to cut 8 shapes.
- Fabric Colors 2 & 3: Cut two 5 3/8" x 5 1/2" rectangles of each color. Place (orange) right side up over shapes B to cut 4 shapes. Place (yellow) wrong side up over shapes B to cut 4
- Fabric Color 3 & 4: Cut two 5 1/8" x 3 1/2" rectangles of each color. Place (yellow) right side up over shapes C to cut 4 shapes. Place (light yellow) wrong side up over shapes C to cut 4 shapes.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Chinese Lanterns Die:
- Chinese Lanterns is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut two 4-color, 8" finished blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Chinese Lanterns includes 6 shapes that can be difficult and time-consuming to cut by
- Chinese Lanterns features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Chinese Lanterns includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Chinese Lanterns designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
Weight in lbs.: 2.0
Cut Size: Note: Cut size dimensions not included due to non-standard shapes.
Finished Size: 8" Finished Block (20.3 cm).
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)