How to Die Cut 6 1/2" Rag Circles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Cut a maximum of one layer of denim, or two layers of flannel or fleece.
Note: Rag Quilt dies must be cleaned periodically to remove fabric threads. Use the GO! Die Pick (55105) to clean trapped fabric.
Tip: It’s a good idea to keep an extra cutting mat on hand for Rag Quilt dies.
- ONLY USE 1 LAYER OF FABRIC ON DIE
- Cut a 7" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 7" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut five rag circles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 25 rag circles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 6 1/2" Rag Circle Die:
- Heather Banks is the pattern designer behind Inventive Denim, a company dedicated to creating quilting and sewing patterns from denim.
- With GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2", you can create faux cathedral window projects using a simple construction method that is “quilt as you go”.
- The GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2" die makes creating rag quilts even easier by saving hours of tedious hand cutting.
- The GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2" die features specialized dog-ears and a 1" seam allowance with 3/8" fringe for easy alignment and piecing.
- Rag quilts make great gifts for new babies, graduations, the holidays and more. You can change the number and size of the 6 1/2" rag circles in the quilt to make it larger or smaller.
- Use GO! Square-5" (55010) to cut charm squares and GO! Square on Point-3 11/16" (55106) to cut batting squares.
- Rag quilts are typically laundered to fully “bloom” the fringe.
- Use GO! Rag Circle-6 1/2" with both new and recycled denim.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Square-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.1
Cut Size: 6 1/2"W x 6 1/2"H (16.5 cm x 16.5 cm)
Finished Size: Creates 4 1/2" (11.4 cm) finished blocks with 3⁄8" fringe
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 10 in. (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)