How to Die Cut Small Clamshell Shapes:
For best cutting results, it is extremely important to cut with this die on the lengthwise grain.
- Cut a 5" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4 7/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight clamshells across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 clamshells.
Why Quilters Love the Small GO! Clamshell Die:
TIP: It’s easy to change the size of a clamshell quilt by adding more clamshell shapes to the length or width.
Baby (40" x 52") -- 283 Clamshells
Twin (64" x 87") -- 742 Clamshells
Full (77" x 87") -- 874 Clamshells
Queen (84" x 92") -- 1,026 Clamshells
- Whether you like to piece by hand or machine, the classic 4" finished Clamshell is for you. The small Clamshell is fun for quilts, pillows, table runners and more.
- No templates required! The GO! Clamshell die includes a unique shape that is typically difficult to cut by hand.
- No need to be afraid of curves! Clamshell features matching notches on curved seams for easy pinning and piecing.
- Cut clamshell shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 0.75