AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Big Cutting Mat, 14 in. x 16 in. 2 Pack (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm) Item 55207 or GO! Big Cutting Mat, 14 in. x 16 in. 1 Pack (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm) Item 55146
How to Die Cut Snail’s Trail Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
TIP: The die is designed to cut three complete 2-color 12" blocks in one pass through the cutter. To create 2-color Snail’s Trail Blocks: Cut three layers of one fabric color and three layers of a contrasting fabric color at a time.
BONUS TIP: You also can cut two complete 4-color 12" blocks in one pass through the cutter. To create 4-color Snail’s Trail Blocks: Cut four layers of different fabric colors at a time.
- Cut 13 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 11 1/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. For a 2-color design, three cuts across the width of fabric yields enough pieces for a half block design; and one yard of 40" wide fabric in each color will yield six blocks
Why Quilters Love the GO! Big Snail’s Trail Die:
- Snail’s Trail is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut three complete 2-color 12" blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- Use all of the shapes together or separately for a wide range of projects.
- Snail’s Trail features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Snail’s Trail includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.21
Finished Size: 12" Finished Block (30.5 cm)
Die Board Size: 14 in. x 16 in. (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm)