Welcome to Piled High Table Runner, Quilt as You Go (3 Hours)
In this class you will make this quilt as you go table runner. It's a quick and easy improv technique that yields beautiful results and you're sure to make more than one once you know how. - ALL LEVELS
Welcome to the Piled High! Table Runner workshop. This fun improv table runner is so quick and easy to make you’ll want to whip one up for each season. The finished runner will measure approximately 12” x 30”. You will be strip piecing and sub-cutting then using a quilt-as-you-go technique. Some additional quilting adds some extra pizazz. You will just have the binding to finish off after the class.
- 6.5” x WOF strip of fabric for the centre of the quilt
- 6.5” x WOF strip of fabric for the borders
- 14” x 36” piece of fabric for backing
- 14” x 36” piece of batting.
- About 100” of binding. I generally make my binding 2.25”
- Top and bobbin thread to go with your fabric choices. Your thread will show on the back of the piece as well as on the front so choose accordingly.
- Sewing machine, cutting mat, rotary cutter, 18” ruler, ironing board, iron, large sharp scissors
Making the Runner:
You will be sent your zoom class link a few days prior to the class.
Facebook: Melissa Marginet – Quilter