18 R Point (Regular Round) 134MR
Multi-directional design means more accurate stitching while moving the machine in any direction. The MR needle style has maximum flexibility and bending to help reduce needle breaks and a deep scarf to mitigate skipped stitches.
MR stands for Multi Range (also known as SAN: Special Application Needle) which was created for the textile industry, more specifically, the MR needle style was developed for automated sewing processes with multidirectional feeding systems, e.g. a longarm machine.
Key features that make the MR needle style our top choice are:
- Better stability while stitching at high speed.
- Specially formed eye to allow fewer skipped stitches.
- Longer life (more stitches) due to the advanced shape.
- With its special blade and scarf geometry, the Groz-Beckert MR needle offers outstanding bending resistance (deflection resistance), giving it extreme stability.
- A deep and extended scarf that permits extremely tight adjustment of the bobbin hook to the needle.
- The deep thread groove, extending also into the eye area, provides optimum protection of the thread.
With the naked eye, it is hard to tell a difference between needles. But when you are stitching at 500 to 2,000 stitches per minute, you can definitely tell when you have a good needle or a bad needle. The MR style needle is also available with a titanium-coating in several needle styles (available for most longarm machine brands). This takes an excellent needle platform and adds more value as a thin layer of titanium-coating keeps your point sharper, and extends the life of your needle by at least six times.