AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55204 or GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 1 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55112
How to Die Cut 2-Color Hunter Star Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Cut four layers of one fabric color, then reload and cut four layers of your second fabric color.
- Cut 10 1/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Place on selected blades and cut. Cut 10 half Hunter Star units across width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 30 half Hunter Star units.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Hunter Star Die:
- Hunter Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 2-color, 12" block in two passes through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Hunter Star includes four unique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Hunter Star features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Hunter Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 0.75
Cut Size: One 6 3/16"W x 3 5/8"H (15.7 cm x 9.2 cm) triangle, One 5 1/2"W x 1 3/4"H (13.9 cm x 4.4 cm) trapezoid and Two 2 7/16" sides (6.2 cm) diamonds
Finished Size: 6" Finished Unit (15.2 cm), 12" Finished Block (30.5 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)