How to Die Cut 3-Color Joseph’s Coat Block:
For best cutting results, position the fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 11" finished block (up to 13 colors) in two passes through the cutter.
Follow the instructions for each pass:
- Fabric Color 1 (white/background): Cut three 6 1/2" x 5 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shape A to cut three shapes.
- Fabric Color 2 (select 1-6 colors): Cut six 6 1/2" x 2 3/4" rectangles. Place right side up over shape B to cut six shapes of the same color or a variety of colors.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Joseph’s Coat Die:
- The Joseph’s Coat die features a traditional circular quilt block design that also creates unique contemporary designs.
- Joseph’s Coat is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 11" finished block (up to 13 colors) in two passes through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Joseph’s Coat includes 2 shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- No need to be afraid of curves! Joseph’s Coat features specialized dog ears, ¼" seam allowances, and notches on curves for easy alignment and piecing.
- Joseph’s Coat includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt ® software, you can use it to create your own Joseph’s Coat designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
Mat Required.: 10 x 10
Cut Size: Shape A: 6"W x 5 1/4"H (15.2 cm x 13.3 cm), Shape B: 6"W x 2 1/4"H (15.2 cm x 5.7 cm).
Finished Size: 11" Finished Block (27.9 cm).
Board Size: 10 in. x 10 in. (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)