How to Die Cut 5" Finished Setting Triangles:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Side Triangles: Cut 5" x length of fabric (LOF) strip along the selvage edge. Layer up to 6 layers of fabric.
- Use the Cut & Flip™ method. Start at one end of fabric by placing fabric right side up over the side triangle shapes. Place die through the cutter.
- Continue to cut and flip by placing the fabric wrong side up and align cut angle of fabric with angle of blades. Continue to cut side triangles in this manner by flipping the fabric after each cut across the length of fabric.
- Cut 8 side triangles across the width of 40" of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 48 side triangles.
- Corner Triangles: Cut a 5" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 16 corner triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric-cuts 112 corner triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 5" Finished Setting Triangles Die:
- Expand your quilt design options and make on-point quilts with ease! The GO! Setting Triangles-5" Finished die includes the corner and side setting triangles for creating 5" finished on-point quilts.
- No math required! GO! Setting Triangles dies include the corner and side setting triangles that are difficult to cut by hand.
- No need to buy two dies! Both corner and side setting triangles included on one die.
- GO! Setting Triangles-5" Finished includes ¼" seam allowances and dog-eared corners for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut setting triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
Cut Size: Side Triangles: 7 3/4"W x 4 1⁄8"H (19.7 cm x 10.5 cm), Corner Triangles: 4 1⁄8"W x 4 1⁄8"H (10.5 cm x 10.5 cm)
Finished Size: Side Triangles: 7 1⁄8"W x 3 1/2"H (18.1 cm x 8.9 cm), Corner Triangles: 3 1/2"W x 3 1/2"H (8.9 cm x 8.9 cm)
Board Size: GO! 6 x 24