Get the captivating look of a star within a star block without a single mathematical equation. This classic block is so versatile, it’s a must-have for every quilter!
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 55206
How to Die Cut 3-Color Rising Star Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 3-color 10" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut four 9 1/4" x 3 1/2" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes A and B to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut four 7" x 4 1/8" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes C, D, and F to cut.
- Fabric Color 3:
- Cut one 3 1/2" square. Place right side up over shape A to cut.
- Cut four 2 5/8" squares. Place right side up over shapes E to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Rising Star Die:
- Rising Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 3-color, 10" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Rising Star includes 8 basic shapes that are time-consuming to cut by hand.
- Rising Star features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Rising Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Rising Star designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
Cut Size: Square (A): 3" (7.6 cm), QST (B): 5 1/2" x 3" (14 cm x 7.6 cm), (2) HST (C): 3" x 3" (7.6 cm x 7.6 cm), QST (D): 3" x 1 3/4" (7.6 cm x 4.4 cm), (2) HST (E) 1 3/4" x 1 3/4" (4.4 cm x 4.4 cm) and Square (F) 1 3/4" (4.4 cm).
Finished Size: 10" Finished Block (25.4 cm).
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)