How to Die Cut 5-Color Prairie Star Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one complete 5-color 14" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: – For 8 A shapes: Cut four 5 5⁄8" x 2" rectangles. Place right side up over row of 2 A shapes to cut.
- Fabric Color 2: – For 16 A shapes: Cut four 10 1⁄8" x 2" rectangles. Place right side up over one row of 4 A shapes to cut.
- Fabric Color 3: – For 16 A shapes: Cut four 10 1⁄8" x 2" rectangles. Place right side up over one row of 4 A shapes to cut.
- Fabric Color 4: – For 32 A shapes: Cut six 14 5⁄8" x 2" rectangles. Place right side up over row of 6 A shapes to cut. (There will be 4 extra shapes.)
- Fabric Color 5: – For 4 B & C shapes: Cut four 67 ⁄8" x 9 ½" rectangles. Place right side up over shapes B and C to cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Prairie Star Die:
- Prairie Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one 5-color, 14" block in one pass through the cutter.• No templates! No special rulers! Prairie Star includes 18 shapes that can be time-consuming and difficult to cut by hand.
- Prairie Star features specialized dog-ears and ¼" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Prairie Star includes screen-printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
- Do you EQ? If you have Electric Quilt® software, you can use it to create your own Prairie Star designs from their block library and cut your fabric.
Weight in lbs.: 4.0
Finished Size: 14" Finished Block (35.6 cm)
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 24 in. (25.4 cm x 61 cm)