For soup season and beyond, this project die will cut this popular shape quickly and easily for a finished creation in just minutes. This die will only work in a GO! Big Fabric Cutter or a Studio Fabric Cutter with the appropriate adaptor. Beginning sewists and crafters can feel confident that each cozy will turn out perfectly every time!
AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Big Cutting Mat, 14 in. x 16 in. 2 Pack (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm) Item 55207 or GO! Big Cutting Mat, 14 in. x 16 in. 1 Pack (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm) Item 55146
How to Die Cut Bowl Cozies:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the length-wise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To cut 3 fabric sets in one pass through the cutter: Cut six 10-1/2" squares of coordinating fabrics. Place right side up to cut.
- To cut 1 fabric & batting set in one pass through the cutter: Cut one 10-1/2" fabric square and one 10-1/2" batting square. Lay fabric piece right side up on top of piece of batting to cut so you are ready for your first sewing step.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Big Bowl Cozy Die:
- GO! Big Bowl Cozy appeals to quilters, sewers and crafters interested in making gifts or cozies to sell. Bowl Cozies can be cut in minutes and sewn quickly and easily!
- GO! Big Bowl Cozy is a DIY (“do-it-yourself”) Project die. These are popular shapes of projects that you make for yourself, to give as gifts or to sell.
- No template required. The GO! Big Bowl Cozy die includes one standard-sized bowl cozy shape that can be time-consuming to cut by hand.
- For double-sided bowl cozies: Cut 3 total (2 ea.) in one pass through the cutter (2 cuts needed per bowl cozy).
- Cutting Tip: Cut 1 piece of cotton fabric, right side up on top of each piece of batting so you are ready for your first sewing step.
- Warning: All fabrics, thread and batting should be 100% cotton if cozy will be used in a microwave. Using material with other fibers can cause a fire in your microwave during use. Check labels carefully. There are specific brands of batting designed for this use also.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
Cut Size: 10"W x 10"H (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm).
Finished Size: 8"W x 3-1/2"L x 8"H (20.3 cm x 8.9 cm x 20.3 cm).
Die Board Size: 14 in. x 16 in. (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm)