This class was last updated 2023 and is working with V9 software. You must have purchased the V9 software from Cottage Quilting Directly in order to receive this class. If you have not, please contact us directly for more information at email@example.com
- This is a monthly series, you can join at any time after January. You will be shared a GOOGLE DRIVE file sharing link. Please allow up to 24 hours to receive your invitation. Files will be updated on or around the first of each month for the calendar year of 2023. If you sign up AFTER 2023 you will have access to the full file sets (to clarify again, during 2023 it will be updated monthly). We have included the information below on monthly updates (yes there is a gap in July, and yes it ends in November, there is a total of 10 lessons). You must purchase the entire package, it is not broken up by month by month for sale.
Lessons and Topics Schedule:
- January - Lesson 1 - Back to the Basics
We will begin the year with some basics. The class will cover basic tips when using the software to create embroidery designs. Tips for lettering, tips for digitizing, tips for organizing your design files, and tips for computer upkeep and back-up will be included.
- February - Lesson 2 - Creating Subway Art
Let’s create a graffiti wall hanging using our lettering tools with a little bit of help from Artwork Canvas. Choose a theme, choose your phrase, and choose some art to create a special, one-of-a-kind wall hanging.
- March - Lesson 3 - Digitizing for Computerized Quilting
Begin by planning your project in Quilter, add a quilting or applique design to your plan, and learn how to digitize quilting designs to complete your creation. Learn the tricks to adjust a quilting design to place the design behind an appliqued block.
- April - Lesson 4 - Digitizing a Logo Patch
Learn how to create a plan for digitizing a logo and then learn the steps for creating a patch from the logo design.
- May - Lesson 5 - Get Creative with Fills & Effects
We have amazing tools in the software create special fills and effects. Let’s experiment with these tools to create unique abstract designs.
- June - Lesson 6 - Embellishment Tricks
Create fun embroidery effects using ribbons, yarns, and decorative stitches
- August - Lesson 7 - Cross Stitch & Multi-Hooping
Create a cross stitch design that goes beyond the boundaries of the hoop. Learn basic cross stitch tips and also learn some multi-hooping tricks.
- September - Lesson 8 - Advanced Applique to the Max
Let’s review our basic tools of applique and delve further into Advanced Applique to create unique applique designs that are beyond the basics. Also learn how to adapt the stitch properties when you use heavier threads for your applique.
- October - Lesson 9 - Lessons in Artwork Canvas
If you’ve never looked into Artwork Canvas, this class will show you some of the fun, creative tools that rest within this powerful program in BERNINA Embroidery Software.
- November - Lesson 10 - Creating Three-Dimensional Designs
Learn to digitize designs that include three-dimensional effects including cut velvet, puffy foam, couching, and StumpWork. Create a sampler book of 3D techniques.
- Note: This is a downloadable class. Please be respectful of copyright claims and do not share this class with others. This is class for individual purposes only.
It is a violation of Copyright law to make and distribute copies of electronic classes, designs or artwork. Electronic designs are licensed to the original purchaser for use at one location.