Flyer - Sept 11 - 30 2023
Please contact us in store for purchase.
The L 850 is a 2-, 3-, 4-thread Overlock machine that comes loaded with comfort features. The air threader is operated using the BERNINA Foot Control. This is the same foot control and power supply used on BERNINA sewing machines—which means that they are interchangeable between machines. I move machines from place to place a lot in my sewing space, so it is convenient to keep the power supply stationary and just move machines. Let’s take a look at how the machine threads and the features that make is so simple.
Bernina has been passionately dedicated to the development and manufacturing of high-quality sewing machines since 1893. Bernina is proud to present a new milestone in its history—the Bernina L 8 Series Overlockers. The L8 Series machines are 100% designed and engineered in Switzerland and packed with a ton of convenient features for ease of use, including the Bernina One-Step Air Threader.
It's a BERNINA! Developing and manufacturing the revolutionary L 890 and L 850 overlocker
- One-step Bernina Air Threader (for looper threads)
- Extremely fast, precise and quiet
- Convenient freearm
- Total Stitch Control for perfect seams
- Large sewing space
- 18 built-in stitches
- Included extension table
- 2, 3, or 4 threads
- Bernina 3rd arm(knee Lift for presser foot)
- Tool storage in the front of the machine
- A swing-away foot for easy needle threading
- Attachable scrap catcher
- Bernina Free Hand System (FHS) with knee lifter
- Easy to engage and disengage the knife from outside
- 143 mm sewing space to the right of the needle
- Automatic needle stop up
- Workspace height: 86 mm (3 3/8")
- Swing-out presser foot with auto swing back
One-Step Bernina Air-Threading The looper threads are moved through the machine by air with one simple step on the foot control. The L850 automatically sets the loopers in the correct position of the air threader—no turning the handwheel or searching for the right position.
- Threads the two bottom threads
- Guides the thread through the machine with air
Sew in Comfort With the BERNINA Free Hand System (FHS) you can raise and lower the presser foot with your knee. In addition, the presser foot easily swings out for convenient access to the needles.
- Raise and lower presser foot easily
- Leaves both hands free to guide the fabric
- Presser foot swings out, allowing for easy access to the needles
Total Stitch Control for Perfect Seams The L850 offers several settings for Total Stitch Control - all individually adjustable. The best part? You can change all of these settings while sewing, including the thread tension, cutting width, stitch length and Micro Thread Control (MTC.
- Individually adjustable settings for Total Stitch Contro
- Perfect for working with various fabrics and threads in any combination
- Fully adjustable differential feed
Extremely Fast, Precise, and Quiet Not only can you sew quickly, but you can also sew stitch-by-stitch, making the flawless production of precise lines and curves a simple process. Plus, you will enjoy how extremely quite the BERNINA L850 sews.
- Sew up to 1,500 stitches per minute
- Strong, consistent, and precise at any speed
- Extremely quiet
Quick ThreadingThe integrated needle threader and automatic needle stop up function make threading the needles simple. You can easily change from an overlock seam to a rolled hem or flatlock seam in no time because the thread remains in the same threading path.
- One-path, color-coded threading
- Automatic needle stop up function
- Integrated needle threader
Large Sewing Space The space offered on the L850 is generous by any definition. It has more room to the right of the needle and more work space height than any other BERNINA serger. Sew closed items with ease by simply sliding sleeves or cuffs over the convenient freearm.
- 5 5/8" right to the needle
- Easy on/off extension table included
To begin threading, raise the retractable thread stand to the highest position. Raise the presser foot—this will open the tension disks in the machine making it easy to thread and re-thread. The machine follows a color-coded thread path and every stitch on this machine has one-path threading. This means you will not need to move spools of thread or change order to achieve different stitches. One-path threading has been featured on previous BERNINA Overlockers as well.