How to Die Cut Tumbler Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To Fanfold Fabric: Cut 5" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight tumblers across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 tumblers.
- To Use Scraps: Place scraps or 5" precut squares over tumbler blade areas.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Tumbler Die:
- Tumbler quilts have long been a part of the quilting tradition. AccuQuilt has updated the classic tumbler shape with specially designed corners that make the shapes align perfectly without dog ears to trim. Sewing is quick and easy!
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Tumbler die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- GO! Tumbler-4 1/2" is a great beginner piecing shape and was designed to be used with GO! Square-5" (55010) or pre-cut 5" squares.
- It’s easy to change the size of a tumbler quilt by adding more tumbler shapes to the length or width.
- Tumblers are not just for piecing. They also can be used for applique as a flowerpot or vase! Just add your favorite GO! applique flowers.
- Cut tumbler shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: .76
Cut Size: 2 1/2"W (top) x 4 1/2"W (bottom) x 4 1/2"H (6.4 cm x 11.4 cm x 11.4 cm)
Finished Size: 4" (10.2 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 6 in. (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)