How to Die Cut 2 1/2" Strips:
- 2 1/2" Strips: Cut 5 1/2" wide strips across the width of fabric to cut two 2 1/2" strips. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades and will roll thru the cutter first. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 13 strips.
- 2 1/2" Squares: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board with the 90° guide line. Fanfold into 5 1/2" widths. Cut 14, 2 1/2" squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 182 squares.
- 45° Diamond-2 3/4" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board to the right side of the 45° guide line.
- 30° Diamond-4 1/2" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board to the right side of the 30° guide line.
- 60° Diamond-2 1/4" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/2" strip aligning it across the die board to the right side of the 60° guide line.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 2 1/2" Strip Cutter Die:
- Quilters love precut 2 1/2" strips (aka Jelly Rolls) because there are thousands of Jelly Roll patterns available to choose from.
- No more purchasing expensive Jelly Rolls! The GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" die is the perfect size to cut your own Jelly Rolls with your favorite fabrics or out of pieces from your stash.
- GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly making GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2" a great beginner piecing shape and for making quilts to keep, to gift, or for charity.
- Cut perfect 2 1/2" strips, then use the angled guide lines to cut squares and diamonds.
- Die blades are 23" long and are open at both ends to allow cutting of fabric that is still folded as it comes off the bolt.
- Cut strips out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
Weight in lbs.: 2.56
Cut Size: 2 1/2"W (6.4 cm)
Finished Size: 2"W (5.1 cm)