How to Die Cut Orange Peel Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- To Fanfold Fabric: Cut 5" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 5" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight orange peels across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 orange peels.
- To Layer Pre-fused Fabric: Cut 5" x 5" squares. Place up to four layers on selected blade and cut. Cut eight orange peels across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 56 orange peels.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Orange Peel Die:
- The classic Orange Peel is a 4-patch block that features a pattern of repeating petal shapes which creates the effect of interlocking circles.
- No template required. The GO! Orange Peel die includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- GO! Orange Peel is a great beginner appliqué shape and was designed to be used with GO! Square-5" (55010) or pre-cut 5" squares.
- Quickly and easily cut four pre-fused applique shapes in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut orange peel shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Experiment with decorative stitches and threads to finish your orange peel blocks.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Includes free embroidery download with 3 stitches ($14 value).
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 0.88
Cut Size: 4 1/2"W x 4 1/2"H (11.4 cm x 11.4 cm)
Finished Size: 4 1/2" Finished Unit (11.4 cm), 9" Finished Block (22.9 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 6 in. (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)