AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 55206 or GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 24 in. 1 Pack (15.2 cm x 61 cm) Item 55138
How to Die Cut 2-Color Morning star Quilt Blocks:
For best results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. Tip: The die is specially designed to cut one 2-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut three 12" x 4 1/4" rectangles and place over A shapes. Cut two 4 7/8" x 4 7/8" squares and place over B shapes.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut three 12" x 4 1/4" rectangles and place over A shapes.
Note: You will have two extra isosceles triangle shapes for each color. Set aside for future blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Morning Star Die:
- Morning Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means its specially designed to cut one 2-color, 12" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No special rulers! Morning Star includes 2 basic shapes that can be a challenge and time-consuming to cut by hand.
- No foundation paper piecing needed to make this classic block. Morning Star features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Morning Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly
Weight in lbs.: 2 lbs
Cut Size: Six Isosceles Triangles (A): 3"W x 3½"H (7.6 cm x 8.9 cm) and Two Half Square Triangles (B): 4"W x 4"H (10.2 cm x 10.2 cm).
Finished Size: 12" Finished Block (30.5 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 24 in. (15.2 cm x 61 cm)