AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55203 or GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 1 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55111
How to Die Cut 2-Color LeMoyne Star Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- TIP: To create a 2-color LeMoyne Star Block: Cut four layers at a time with two layers of the first color, fabric right sides up and two layers of a second color, wrong sides up.
- Cut 7 3/4" x 6 3/4" rectangles. Layer two layers of the same color right sides up and two layers of a second color wrong sides up on the blades and cut. For a 2-color design, three cuts across the width of fabric yield enough pieces for three complete blocks; and one yard of 40" wide fabric in each color will yield 10 blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! LeMoyne Star Die:
- LeMoyne Star is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one complete 2-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No Y-seams! LeMoyne Star includes three unique shapes (six total, two of each) that are difficult to cut by hand.
- LeMoyne Star features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- LeMoyne Star includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.39
Cut Size: Two 3 1/8"W x 3 1/8"H (7.9 cm x 7.9 cm) half square triangles, Two 2 3/8"W x 2 3/8"H (6 cm x 6 cm) half square triangles, Two 45 degree diamonds with 3 3/8" sides (8.7 cm).
Finished Size: Creates 9" finished blocks. Includes seam allowance and dog-eared corners for easy piecing.
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 10 in. (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)