AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55204 GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 1 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55112
How to Die Cut Flying Geese Units:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- 3" Finished Half Square Triangles: Cut 4 3/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 20 triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 140 triangles.
- 6" Finished Quarter Square Triangles: Cut 7" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 10 triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 50 triangles.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Flying Geese Die:
- Flying Geese are the foundation of many quilt blocks. They are simple, versatile and quick to make. Flying Geese can stand alone as a single block or can be used to make many other famous quilt blocks like the Sawtooth Star.
- No templates! No measuring! The GO! Flying Geese die cuts one 6" finished quarter square triangle (the goose) and two 3" finished half square triangles (the sky) to create one 3" x 6" Flying Geese unit. Combine two units for a 6" finished block.
- GO! Flying Geese features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut Flying Geese units out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.21
Cut Size: One 6 1/2"W x 3 1/2"H (16.5 cm x 8.9 cm) quarter square triangle and Two 3 1/2"W x 3 1/2"H (8.9 cm x 8.9 cm) half square triangles
Finished Size: 3"W x 6"H (7.6 cm x 15.2 cm) unit
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)