How to Die Cut Feathers Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Curved Feathers: Cut and fuse 2" x 3 1/4" rectangles. Cut 12 curved feathers across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 216 curved feathers.
- Straight Feathers: Cut and fuse 1 7/8" x 3" rectangles. Cut 13 straight feathers across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 247 straight feathers.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Feathers Die:
- Feathers have long been a favorite motif for quilters. This die cuts perfect straight and curved feathers that can be used for applique designs, flower petals, angel wings, birds, raindrops and border designs.
- No templates required. The GO! Feathers die includes two shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut feather shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 0.88
Cut Size: Curved Feathers: 1 7/16"W x 2 3/4"H (3.7 cm x 7 cm), Straight Feathers: 1 3/8"W x 2 7/16"H (3.5 cm x 6.2 cm)
Finished Size: Curved Feathers: 1 7/16"W x 2 3/4"H (3.7 cm x 7 cm), Straight Feathers: 1 3/8"W x 2 7/16"H (3.5 cm x 6.2 cm)
Die Board Size: 5 in. x 10 in. (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm)