AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 6 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm) Item 55139 or GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 6 in. 1 Pack (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm) Item 55137
How to Die Cut Equilateral Triangle Shapes:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- To Fanfold Fabric: Cut 5 1/4" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4 5/8" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut eight equilateral triangles across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 48 equilateral triangles.
- To Use Scraps: Place scraps or 5" precut squares over equilateral triangle blade areas.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Equilateral Triangle Die:
- AccuQuilt has updated the classic equilateral triangle shape with specially designed dog-eared corners and side notches on the two bias seams. These design innovations make the triangles align perfectly so the sewing is easier.
- No templates! No special rulers! The GO! Equilateral Triangle die includes a unique shape that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides is a great alternative to simple patchwork, perfect for a beginner ready for their next challenge.
- GO! Equilateral Triangle-4 1/2" Sides was designed to be used with GO! Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55438) and GO! Half Hexagon-4 1/2" Sides (55437) for endless possibilities.
- It’s easy to change the size of an equilateral triangles quilt—more commonly called a Thousand Pyramids Quilt— by adding more equilateral triangles to the length or width.
- Cut equilateral triangles out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 0.75
Cut Size: 4 13/16"W x 4 3/16"H (12.2 cm x 10.6 cm), 4 1/2" Sides (11.4 cm)
Finished Size: 4 1/4"W x 3 11/16"H (10.6 cm x 9.4 cm), 4 1/4" Sides (10.6 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 6 in. (15.2 cm x 15.2 cm)