AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55203 or GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 10 in. 1 Pack (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm) Item 55111
How to Die Cut 2-Color Crossed Canoes Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
TIP: To create a 2-color Crossed Canoes Block: Cut two layers of one fabric color and two layers of contrasting fabric color at a time.
- Cut 6 1/4" x width of fabric (WOF) strips. Fanfold into 6 1/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. For a 2-color design, six cuts across the width of fabric yield enough pieces for six complete blocks. One yard of 40" wide fabric in each color will yield 30 blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Crossed Canoes Die:
- Crossed Canoes is a Block on Board (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut one complete 2-color, 9" block in one pass through the cutter.
- No paper piecing, or tracing and scissor-cutting templates required! Crossed Canoes includes four unique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Crossed Canoes features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Crossed Canoes includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.1
Cut Size: One 2"W x 2"H (5 cm x 5 cm) half square triangle, Two 5 1/16"W x 3 1/2"H (12.9 cm x 8.9 cm) side triangles and One 2 11/16"W x 5 13/16"H (6.8 cm x 14.7 cm) center isosceles triangle.
Finished Size: 4 1/2" Finished Unit (11.4 cm), 9" Finished Block (22.9 cm)
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 10 in. (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)