How to Die Cut Butterfly Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué. Place fabric on die right sides together to cut pairs.
- Upper Wing: Cut and fuse 4 5/8" x 4" rectangles. Layer on selected blade and cut. Cut 10 upper wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 70 upper wings.
- Lower Wing: Cut and fuse 4 3/8" x 3 7/8" rectangles. Layer on selected blade and cut. Cut 10 lower wings across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 80 lower wings.
- Body: Place scraps on blade and cut.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Butterfly Die:
- Edyta Sitar is known for her amazing quilts – and now you can appliqué her signature shape with the GO! Butterfly die.
- No template required. The GO! Butterfly die includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- The GO! Butterfly die works great with pre-fused, pre-cut 10" squares fanfolded or cut in half to cut an entire butterfly in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Create garden scenes by coordinating butterfly with other GO! flower and leaf shapes.
- Cut butterfly shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Experiment with decorative stitches and threads to finish your butterfly.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 0.7
Cut Size: Upper Wing 3 3/8"W x 4 1/8"H (8.7 cm x 10.5 cm), Lower Wing 3 3/8"W x 3 3/4"H (8.5 cm x 9.7 cm), and Body 1/2"W x 2 5/8"H (1.4 cm x 6.9 cm)
Finished Size: 8"W x 7 1/2"H (20.3 cm x 19.1 cm)
Die Board Size: 5 in. x 10 in. (12.7 cm x 25.4 cm)