AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Big Cutting Mat, 14 in. x 16 in. 2 Pack (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm) Item 55207 or GO! Big Cutting Mat, 14 in. x 16 in. 1 Pack (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm) Item 55146
How to Die Cut 10" Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut 10 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 10 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut three squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts nine squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Big 10" Square Die:
- Quilters love precut 10" squares (aka Layer Cakes) because there are thousands of Layer Cake patterns available to choose from.
- No more purchasing expensive Layer Cakes! The GO! Big Square-10" die is the perfect size to cut your own Layer Cakes with your favorite fabrics or out of larger fabric pieces from your stash. • GO! Big Square-10" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Quilt tops come together quickly and easily making GO! Big Square-10" a great beginner piecing shape and for making simple square quilts for charity.
- Use GO! Big Square-10" to cut larger applique background squares that are all the same size!
- GO! Big Square-10" is a great choice if you want to show off some of your favorite large print or focal fabrics.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.21
Cut Size: 10"W x 10"H (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)
Finished Size: 9 1/2"W x 9 1/2"H (24.1 cm x 24.1 cm)
Die Board Size: 14 in. x 16 in. (35.6 cm x 40.6 cm)