AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 2 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55204 or GO! Cutting Mat, 6 in. x 12 in. 1 Pack (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm) Item 55112
How to Die Cut 3-Color Spool Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller. For three complete 3-color blocks, cut two layers of three different fabric colors at a time.
- Cut 10 1/2" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. For a three-color design, 10 cuts across the width of fabric of one color will yield enough pieces for five complete blocks. One yard of 40" wide fabric in each color will yield 15 blocks.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Spool Die:
- Spool is a Block on Board® (BOB®) die which means it’s specially designed to cut three complete 3-color, 6" blocks in one pass through the cutter.
- No templates! No Y-seams! Spool includes four shapes (six total) that are perfect for advanced beginners to practice piecing smaller shapes accurately cut with AccuQuilt.
- Spool features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Spool includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.1
Cut Size: One 45° 2"W x 7 3/16"H (5 cm x 18.3 cm) trapezoid, Two 1 1/2" (3.8 cm) finished half square triangles, One 2"W x 3 1/2"H (5 cm x 8.9 cm) rectangle and Two 1 1/4"W x 3 1/2"H (3.2 cm x 8.9 cm) rectangles.
Finished Size: 6" Finished Block (15.2 cm)
Die Board Size: 6 in. x 12 in. (15.2 cm x 30.4 cm)