How to Die Cut Schoolhouse Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Cut 9" strips across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 8 1/2" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut four schoolhouses across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 16 schoolhouses.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Schoolhouse Die:
- The shapes on the GO! Schoolhouse die are set right up against one another on the die to save fabric when cutting. To create a traditional block, pull the front forward and add the second chimney above the resulting space.
- No templates required! The GO! Schoolhouse die includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Layer fabric all right sides up, or wrong side up for shapes all facing the same direction. Fabric right sides together will yield pairs of shapes.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut schoolhouses out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
Weight in lbs.: 1.1
Cut Size: Front: 3 1/2"W x 6 1/2"H (8.9 cm x 16.5 cm), Doorway: 1 1/2"W x 3 1/2" (3.8 cm x 8.9 cm), Back: 6 3/4"W x 8"H (17.1 cm x 20.3 cm), Windows: 1"W x 2"H (2.5 cm x 5.1 cm), Chimney: 1"W x 1 1/2"H (2.5 cm x 3.8 cm)
Finished Size: 9 1/2"W x 8"H (24.1 cm x 20.3 cm)
Die Board Size: 10 in. x 10 in. (25.4 cm x 25.4 cm)