Delivery Instructions - Statler
Preparing for your Gammill Delivery – Statler Stitcher
Before your machine arrives:
- Verify the room size where your machine will be installed. Recommended room size requirements are the following:
- For a 10’ table: 12’ 7” length by 8’ 6” to 9’ width
- For a 12’ table: 14’ 7” length by 8’ 6” to 9’ width
- For a 14’ table: 16’ 7” length by 8’ 6” to 9’ width
- Consider the orientation of your machine. The system is not easily turned around if not properly oriented at setup.
- Confirm that the table can be brought into your desired room.
- Can a 10’ – 14’ table that is 6” wide get through the hallway, around corners or up/down the stairs without any problems? Use a 2” x 6” board the length of the table you ordered or measuring tape to confirm BEFORE DELIVERY IS SCHEDULED.
- If the table must go through a window or other special requirements are needed to get the table into your room, please inform the dealership of any special requirements BEFORE DELIVERY IS SCHEDULED.
- Please ensure to have someone available to help carry in the table on the day of the delivery.
- Your machine will be delivered via a pickup truck and cargo trailer. This unit is approximately 30 feet long, so please try to move vehicles in front of your house to make room on delivery day. Please notify us well in advance if it going to be a problem to get the truck and trailer down your driveway.
- Confirm the following:
- Does your room has enough power to use the machine? A 110V dedicated outlet with a 20 amp breaker is required.
- Do you have a surge protector with a Joule rating over 2000 and a 16 gauge extension cord 10’ or longer? We sell these and can bring one for you if you pre-order.
- Do you plan on moving your table around the room? If so, remember to order casters (wheels) prior to your delivery.
- There is no extra delivery charge for additional items being delivered at the time your Gammill is delivered. All supplies must be ordered at least one week before the scheduled delivery date. Some accessories may take several weeks to arrive from the USA, so please discuss with your dealer to ensure you get everything you need to go with your Gammill.
- Delivery and installation can take between 6 and 8 hours. Each delivery is different, depending on what was ordered and the ease of access to the room. For example, if hydraulics were ordered for your Gammill table, it will extend the time of delivery by one hour. If the table must be taken apart completely to be able to get it into the room in which it is being set up, it will also extend the time.
- If you own a store, please ensure that you have staff available to look after customers and that the person who will be the main machine operator is available for the installation and training. If we are delivering to your home, please have someone else available to care for small children during the time we are there. This is for safety and to avoid distraction while the technician explains how to operate your machine. We want your undivided attention for the set-up and initial training. This is important to YOUR success!
- Make sure to have two one-metre lengths of fabric and a metre of batting cut and ready so that the technician can test the machine and explain how to load a quilt (please plan to use scrap fabric so you are not learning on a finished quilt top). After the initial set-up, the technician will do a brief explanation of threading, oiling, cleaning, tension, needle change, single block, repeat pattern, regulated and constant speed modes etc.
- You will receive basic training in home to get you started. Your primary instruction will be in your in-store training sessions and on-line videos. In-store training takes place at our store in Kelowna BC and is included with your purchase. This consists of a 2-day class on basic functions of the Statler and teaching you how to do repeat pattern, edge to edge borders, corners, echoes, trim and more. We try to offer these classes on a monthly basis. Please schedule on-line or call the store at 250-860-1120 to register.
- The final payment for you Gammill is DUE IN FULL ON THE DAY OF DELIVERY by cashier's cheque, bank draft or certified cheque. Arrangements may be made for credit card payment for an additional charge of 3% (3% charge does not apply your deposit payment). To pay by personal or business cheque, please ensure the cheque is certified. Please do not send payment by mail.
- Classes are posted on our website at www.cottagequiltingonline.com. It is important that you attend a training session to ensure your success with your Gammill.
Thank you for taking the time to read this information. If you have questions after reading this information, please phone Cottage Quilting at 250-860-1120 to clarify before your machine arrives. We want you to be comfortable and confident about your new Gammill! Remember, we are always available in the future for support, supplies, to answer question and other concerns.
Please visit our website at www.cottagequiltingonline.com for class schedules and additional information.